We enlisted the talented ladies behind Public Provisions, a cocktail development and bartending duo based in Portland, to create three complex cocktails incorporating our signature iced teas in honor of National Iced Tea Day on July 10. Whether you gravitate towards strong, bitter and stirred or something light and refreshing, these cocktails are sure to inspire creativity and step up your cocktail game.
Four Leaves Cocktail Recipe
"This cocktail incorporates Smith's Fez with Doug fir buds, a quintessential sign of spring and summer here in the Pacific Northwest. If you don't have Doug fir buds in your area, you could harvest pine needles or another woodsy aromatic," says Melaney Schmidt of Public Provisions.
- 4 oz Almond-Coconut-Fez
- 1 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- .50 oz 2:1 honey syrup
- 4 Douglas Fir buds
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place four Douglas Fir buds into a mixing tin and gently muddle to express the oils.
- Add 4 oz of the Almond-Coconut-Fez infusion and .50 oz honey syrup and shake for 5-10 seconds.
- Strain into a glass of your choice over crushed ice.
- Garnish with coconut flakes and dusted cocoa powder.
- To make Almond-Coconut-Fez: Bring 12 oz of freshly drawn filtered water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add two Fez Iced Tea bags. Steep for 5 minutes then discard. Add 1 cup flaked unsweetened coconut and 1/2 cup of sliced almonds. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Strain, bottle, date and refrigerate.
- To make honey syrup: Combine 2 parts honey to 1 part water into a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and let cool. Transfer to a glass jar, date and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.