Tea can be a great starting point for many different types of recipes because there is so much variety in the tea that you can use. Because Halloween is an opportunity for festivity, our teamakers, decided to create a quick Halloween punch recipe that we are calling Smith Teamaker Witches' Brew.
With this simple recipe, we encourage you to use your creativity to customize to your liking. Easily mixed as a Halloween punch for kids or adults, you will be able to make this drink in a matter of minutes.
- 1 Big Hibiscus Iced Tea sachet
- 2 tablespoons toasted cardamom pods
- Simple syrup or sweetener of choice (optional)
- Gummy worms
- Green grapes or lotus seeds
- Sparkling water, prosecco or alcohol of choice
Witches' Brew Recipe
- Measure two tablespoons of cardamom pods for every quart of iced tea you are planning to make. Toast the pods over the stove or in a toaster oven, shaking pan regularly to prevent the pods from burning.
- Follow the instructions on the package to brew a quart of Big Hibiscus Iced Tea. Mix in the cardamom pods as soon as you begin steeping the tea so that the cardamom flavor will extract into the brew.
- After 5 minutes, remove the sachet and stir in any additional ingredients.
Suggested: make ice cubes with gummy worms frozen inside to garnish the punch. To do this, fill small Dixie cups with water and gummy worms and place in the freezer overnight, or for several hours. Add green grapes or lotus seeds to mixture as eyeballs.