What's not to love about a good Old Fashioned, but it's nice to occasionally mix it up with a seasonal addition or two. With the holidays coming up, we've decided to embrace the festivities and make a winter version of this classis cocktail.
- 3 amarena cherries
- ½ tsp sugar
- 3 dashes aromatic bitters
- 1 ½ (or 2) oz Bourbon or Rye Whiskey
- ½ oz Merry Maker’s Punch concentrate*
- Orange twist
- Served over large ice cube
- Make Merry Maker’s tea concentrate by steeping one sachet for 5 minutes with water just off the boil in 250ml (1 cup). Add 250ml (1 cup) of cold water. Result is a 2x concentrate.
- At the bottom of your rocks glass, muddle together amarena cherries, sugar, and bitters
- Add large ice cube to glass
- Add 1 ½ oz of Bourbon or Rye Whiskey
- Add ½ oz of Merry Maker’s Punch concentrate
- Garnish with an orange twist