A finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea, our Matcha Green Tea makes especially delicious lattes. A favorite among Smith Teamakers, our Matcha Latte and Iced Matcha Latte Recipes lead to an uncommonly desirable beverage.
- 1 teaspoon of Matcha powder
- 170 degree water
- Steamed milk
- Measure 1 teaspoon of Matcha powder and sift into 12oz latte cup.
- Add 1oz of 170 degree water to create a concentrate. See Note.
- Mix with electric frother or Matcha whisk to remove any clumps.
- Add simple syrup to taste.
- In a chilled metal pitcher, steam 8-9oz of milk until bottom of pitcher becomes nearly too hot to touch or until thermometer reaches 150 degrees.
- Pour steamed milk into Matcha concentrate, create latte art if desired.
- Using water off the boil, the temperature is too strong and will yield a bitter extraction and take away from the nuances in the green matcha powder. To get a smooth, vegetal and slightly sweet extraction we recommend water at 170 degrees. Your drink will remain warm, however the water temperature is low enough that the matcha will taste its best.