Our Tea Buyer Sara Kaufman first discovered Vin Chaud, or “warm wine” in French, when she was working grape harvest in France. While exploring the rest of the country, her host shared with her this classic fall beverage of warmed wine with spices. Swap the wine for our Merry Maker's Punch blend and we can’t think of a better way to ease into the chilly weather.
- 1 sachets Merry Maker's Punch
- 1L of boiling water
- 15g fresh orange peel
- 1g cloves
- 1.5g decorticated cardamom
- 3g cassia/cinnamon
- 3g ginger
- 600ml spiced apple cider
- 12g sugar
- Bring water to a boil and steep Merry Maker's Punch for 5 minutes.
- Remove sachet and add fresh orange peel and a bouquet garni with all of the dried spices.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes and then discard the spices and orange peel.
- Stir in sugar and apple cider.
- Simmer together until ready to enjoy, at least 10 minutes.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and cranberries.