Did you know the Tequila Sunrise rose to fame in the rock & roll era of the 1970s? Here, we offer a less boozy version featuring our latest hit, Agave Sunshine Iced Tea. Agave Sunshine offers the essence of añejo tequila, while Amontillado sherry lends a complex and well-balanced finish. Sip while listening to The Stones for ultimate satisfaction.
- 3/4oz Agave Sunshine Concentrate*
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 2oz sherry (we use Amontillado)
- 2 orange slices
- Orange wheels for garnish
- Add cane sugar and sherry to a dry cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Add tea concentrate, orange slices and ice. Shake for an additional 15 seconds.
- Double strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice and garnish with an orange wheel.
*Agave Sunshine Concentrate
- Bring 8oz spring or filtered water to a boil (212 degrees).
- Pour hot water over one sachet of Agave Sunshine and steep for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove sachet and let cool.