Bad Romance Cocktail
Smoky and sweet, Bad Romance is a unique cocktail recipe for those who love Rose City Genmaicha. An unexpected complement, the tart flavor of lime mixes with the toasty taste of genmaicha to create an Asian-inspired margarita.
For Rose City Genmaicha Reduction:
- 5 sachets No. 1912 Rose City Genmaicha
- 16 ounces filtered water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 ounce Vodka (optional, lengthens shelf life)
- 3 ounces Rose City Genmaicha reduction
- 1 1/2 ounces Blanco Tequila
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 tsp Mezcal
- Lime wedge garnish
- Bring water to a boil and add tea sachets. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove tea and add sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- Let syrup rest and bring to room temperature. Add Vodka and store in refrigerator.
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin with ice and shake vigorously for 6 seconds.
- Double strain into a Collins glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.