Wonderful for enjoying in warm weather, Clanwilliams Punch is a sweetly sippable drink with a brilliant pink color. Named after the region in South Africa from which we source the rooibos in our Red Nectar, use this recipe to mix up a single serving or an entire bowl of punch for gatherings and celebrations.
For Red Nectar Reduction:
- 5 sachets No. 13 Red Nectar
- 16 ounces filtered water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 ounce Vodka (optional, lengthens shelf life)
- 2 ounces Red Nectar reduction
- 1/2 ounce Bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Apricot Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- Lemon twist garnish
- Bring water to a boil and add tea sachets. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove tea and add sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- Let syrup rest and bring to room temperature. Add Vodka and store in refrigerator.
For Single Serving Punch:
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin with ice and shake vigorously for 6 seconds.
- Double strain into an Old-Fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
For Punch Bowl:
- Scale recipe up depending on number of guests (best if made 12 hours before serving).
- Add large ice cubes or an ice ring.
- Garnish with lemon wheels.