Hot Buttered Rum Pot Recipe
Holiday entertaining season is officially upon us. Whether you're hosting or are a guest at the party, having a unique back pocket cocktail recipe can be key to surviving all those festive get-togethers. With that in mind, our teamakers had fun whipping up this tea-inspired hot buttered rum recipe featuring Rum Pot, a sweet and fruity blend of Columbian black tea, star anise, licorice root and hand-picked dried fruit, all steeped in rum for three months at our tasting room. When combined with butter, brown sugar and dark rum, holiday traditions might just turn a little sideways.
- 3 tsp of Rum Pot Tea
- 1 tbsp butter; softened
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 oz dark rum (we used Goslings)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Steep 3 tsp of Rum Pot tea in 100 ml/3 oz of water just off the boil for 5 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, add butter and brown sugar into an 8 oz heat-proof mug (such as an Irish Coffee mug) and gently muddle until ingredients are incorporated.
- After tea has steeped, strain tea liquor into your mug, discarding the leaves, then stir until butter and sugar dissolve.
- Add dark rum and top with water just off the boil.
- Give one last stir, add a cinnamon stick and enjoy!