Hot Buttered Silent Night Latte
Our holiday mainstay, Silent Night, now in a rich and buttery latte. Perfect for those cold December nights, feel free to deviate from the recipe to make your own jolly creation.
- 1 clementine - peeled and cut into small 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. mace
- 1/2 tsp. clove
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- 3/4 oz. syrup
- 2 sachets of Silent Night
- 1 tsp. clarified butter
- 2-2 1/2 oz. milk
- Ground nutmeg and cinnamon
Makes a 12 ounce latte
- Fill saucepan with 16 ounces of water.
- Add all ingredients for syrup, except sugar. Bring water to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using spoon, smash orange to help release its juice.
- Add sugar and heat and stir until dissolved.
- Pour through strainer into clean glass bottle - we suggest an old spirits bottle.
- Add small cinnamon stick.
- Let syrup rest until it's at room temperature and then store in refrigerator.
- Pour about 3oz of boiling water over two sachets to create a concentrate. Steep for 5 minutes and remove the sachets.
- Add all components for latte into steaming pitcher and froth together. Top drink with freshly ground nutmeg and cinnamon.