Hot Buttered Silent Night Latte
A holiday mainstay of Silent Night, now in a rich and buttery latte. Perfect for those cold December nights, feel free to deviate from the recipe to make a more jolly beverage.
Hot Buttered Silent Night Latte Recipe
(Makes a 12 ounce latte)
- 1/2 Naval orange - peeled and cut into small 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. Mace
- 1/2 tsp. Clove
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 cups Turbinado sugar
- 3/4 oz. Syrup
- 2 1/2 oz. Silent Night concentrate (use two sachets)
- 1 tsp. Clarified Butter
- 2-2 1/2 oz. Milk
- Ground Nutmeg and Cinnamon
- Fill saucepan with 16 ounces of water.
- Add all ingredients for syrup, except sugar. Bring water to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using spoon, smash orange to help release its juice.
- Add sugar and heat and stir until dissolved.
- Pour through strainer into clean glass bottle - we suggest an old spirits bottle.
- Add small cinnamon stick.
- Let syrup rest until it's at room temperature and then store in refrigerator.
- Add all components for latte into steaming pitcher and froth together. Top drink with freshly ground nutmeg and cinnamon.