Lover's Leap Latte (2018)
Every January we release our Valentine's Day inspired blend, Lover's Leap, and with this release, we feature a new specialty beverage in our Portland Tasting Rooms available through the month of February. Below is the recipe for our 2018 Lover's Leap latte, combining succulent strawberries and lively turmeric to add depth and complexity to the celebrated rose and black tea blend. Topped with steamed milk, the latte is then lightly perfumed with rosewater and dusted with bitter chocolate shavings.
For Strawberry Turmeric Reduction:
- 1/2 quart filtered water
- 2 cups strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup fresh turmeric, peeled and roughly diced
- 1 cup natural sugar
- 2 sachets Limited Edition Lover's Leap
- 8 ounces milk of choice
- Rosewater (optional)
- Dark chocolate (optional)
- Fill saucepan with 1/2 quart of freshly drawn water. Add strawberries and turmeric.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Pour through strainer into clean glass bottle with a lid and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Pour about 3oz of boiling water over two sachets of Limited Edition Lover's Leap. Steep for 5 minutes and remove the sachets.
- 1 1/4 ounce strawberry turmeric reduction.
- Steam milk of your choice and pour into mixture.
- Top latte with a spritz of rosewater and a dusting of dark chocolate shavings based on preference.