Sparkling Blood Orange Iced Tea
Beautiful in appearance and flavor, this iced tea drink is fantastic with muddled blood oranges. If you have trouble finding them, you can also substitute for grapefruit or navel oranges and add some lemon to brighten up the drink. Feel free to adjust for sweetness to your preference - this Sparkling Blood Orange Iced Tea is all about enjoyment. This recipe makes one pint glass serving. Scale up proportionally to make larger batches.
- Big Hibiscus Iced Tea or Exceptional Iced Tea
- 1 small blood orange, or grapefruit and lemon
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2-3 sprigs mint and/or basil
- Sparkling mineral water
Blood Orange Iced Tea Recipe
- In a brewing vessel, pour 12 ounces of filtered water just off the boil (212℉) over 1 quart-sized iced tea sachet.
- Steep for 5 minutes, then discard sachet.
- Slice orange or grapefruit into 1/4 inch slices, cut slices in half and combine 2 halves with mint or basil in a pint glass. We recommend pairing basil with Exceptional and mint with Big Hibiscus.
- Muddle until incorporated. Add ice and simple syrup.
- Fill glass with iced tea concentrate, leaving 1 inch of space.
- Top with sparkling mineral water and stir. We recommend Topo Chico brand.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and enjoy.