This is an exciting time to join Smith Teamaker. Expect dramatic growth with abundant opportunities to learn, grow and develop your career.
The role will be a mix of daily bookkeeping, reconciling and reporting with an emphasis on leading others on the Accounting Team and the monthly closing of the books accurately and on-time. This position reports to the VP Finance.
This job contributes to Smith Teamaker’s success by keeping financial records accurate, up-to-date and reconciled. The position also plays a key role in supporting Smith Teamaker’s growth by working cross-functionally to create efficient work flows and documented processes.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Manage Accounting Department (current staff of 1)
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation, accurately and on-time
- Responsible for the chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and authority over classification and booking of all transactions
- Participate in the ongoing development of accounting policies and procedures and monitor compliance
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Comply with Local, State and Federal information and reporting requirements
Required Skills, Abilities and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop, Advanced Excel and MS Office Skills
- Experience in accounting for consumer products, omni-channel sales and manufacturing
- 6-8 years of experience with GAAP and the full accounting cycle
- Undergraduate Accounting Degree or additional years of experience
- Experience developing and documenting procedures
- Strong emphasis on accuracy, detail and deadlines
- Effective time management, team leadership and supportive coaching skills
- Engaging and authentic personality with the willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Salary is dependent on skillset and experience.
- Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance. 9 Holidays, 2 Weeks Vacation, Fantastic Colleagues and FREE TEA!
- Submit cover letters and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting Manager” in the subject line.
We are always looking for the next great teamaker. Drop us a line at email@example.com.