We ship web orders within 5 business days. For all orders outside of the continental US, duties and customs are paid by the recipient. Please find our entire shipping policy outlined on our Shipping Page.
Smith Teamaker accepts returns on product purchased at the tasting rooms or online direct from our website. Except for cases of product defect, all other returns must be made to the original retailer. All returned items must be unopened and in resalable condition. All returns will be given the option of a refund or equivalent exchange.
We Are Serious About Privacy. Smith Teamaker, LLC (“Company” or “we”) is committed to protecting your privacy and giving you control over your privacy.
What Information We Collect. If you would like to register with our website (“site”) and/or order products from us, we require your name, e-mail address, mailing address, shipping address, telephone number, user name, password, and credit card information. If you view our site as a visitor, we are able to see your IP address and the pages you viewed. We do not attempt to pair your IP address with any other personal information.
How We Store Your Information. We only store the last four digits of your credit card, and the expiration date. The rest of your credit card information is transmitted in encrypted form to our payment processor. Your other information is stored on our servers, which are password protected and use industry standard encryption. Some of your information is stored in cookies (discussed below). Some of your information is stored by our site providers, identified below.
How We Use Your Information. We do not sell or lend any of your personal information to third parties without your prior consent except under the narrow guidelines stated in this Policy (for example, disclosure to site providers working for us). We use your information as follows:
* Security. We will use your name so that we can personalize your experience with us. If you have placed an order with us, we may use your email address and telephone number to contact you if needed and to securely confirm your identity.
* Improving our Site. We use your IP address, (aggregated with our other users), to improve our site and better understand and serve our users.
* Using Site Providers. We may use third parties that we refer to as site providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of the business, product and site operations that we provide to you (e.g., eCommerce, search technology, site analytics, email support) and therefore we may provide some of your personal information directly to these site providers who have industry standard data protection and are obliged to keep your information confidential. The site providers (also known as data processors) we currently use are identified below under the heading How We Integrate Third Party Applications.
* Non-Personal, Aggregated Information. We disclose non-personally identifiable aggregated (gathered data across all users) information to advertisers, analytics providers, and other third parties. An example of non-personally identifiable information would be “the number of prior purchasers located in Oregon.”
* Law Enforcement. The Company cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you and the The Company site. Therefore, in response to a genuine request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can disclose personal information about you.
* Acquisition. In the event of a merger or acquisition, your personal information may be transferred to the acquiring entity, and become subject to the acquirer's data practices.
How You Control Your Information
Requesting a Copy of Your Personal Information. If you would like a copy of your personal information, we will arrange for it to be delivered to you in a portable format. Please send your request to: email@example.com
Requesting that Your Personal Information be Deleted. You have the right to have your personal information deleted from our records. We may retain one encrypted archival copy for legal purposes. Please send your deletion request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribing to Communications. You can stop receiving any communications from us by clicking the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of one of our emails.
Disabling Cookies. You may configure your internet browser to disable cookies.
The team at Smith Teamaker, LLC guarantees that your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other tea company (or any kind of company for that matter), without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
How we protect your valuable information
The Company uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. We have appropriate security measures in place online, as well as in our tasting rooms, to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private
communications will always remain private. Should we experience a data breach, we will notify all of our website users immediately by email.
While we at the Company adore almond butter cookies and make sure the lab is well stocked to accompany our morning, afternoon, midday and early evening teas while at the shop, we’re using that electronic type as well.
Cookies are a standard internet technology, and many major websites use them to provide useful features for their members. Cookies allow us to store and retrieve login information on a user's system. They provide us with data that we can use to improve our site to you. If you so choose, you can save your login or password so you don't have to re-enter them each time you visit our Site.
How we use third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or sites on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How we integrate third party applications
Some of your personal information will be collected and stored in third party applications that are needed to operate our eCommerce platform and data analytics. These applications may change or be more or less numerous from time to time. Currently, the third party eCommerce and data analytics applications we use are the following:
* Campaign Monitor
* Fraud Filter
* Google Shopping
* Order Printer
* Power Tools
* Facebook (pixel)
* Google Analytics
This policy was last modified on May 31, 2018.
If you do not want to receive e-mail or other forms of contact from SMITH TEAMAKER, LLC in the future, please let us know by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
We ship web orders within 5 business days. For all orders outside of the continental US, duties and customs are paid by the recipient. Please find our entire shipping policy outlined on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Smith Teamaker accepts returns on product purchased at the tasting rooms or online direct from our site. Except for cases of product defect, all other returns must be made to the original retailer. All returned items must be unopened and in resalable condition. All returns will be given the option of a refund or equivalent exchange.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 1 (800) 624-9531.
The Company's proprietary rights
You acknowledge and agree that the Company content on the site, including but not limited to (1) text, (2) software, (3) photographs, (4) graphics, (5) page layout (6) and design (collectively the "Content") is protected by copyrights, trademarks, site marks, patents, or other proprietary
rights and laws. Such Content may be displayed, reformatted, and printed by you for your personal, non-commercial use only in connection with our product offerings in accordance with the TOU and not for distribution in any medium.
The names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Company web site constitute trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property collectively referred to as 'IP rights' of Company or its licensors. You agree that Company retains and owns all right, title and interest in the Content and IP Rights, and that the TOU does not transfer or convey to you any ownership right, title or interest in or to the Content and IP Rights, and that you will not contest or challenge the ownership of the Content and IP Rights.
Disclaimer of warranties
Our online shopping experience is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis and the warranties on the part of Company contained in this TOU are given in place of and replace, exclude and extinguish all and every other condition or warranty whatsoever on the part of Company, written or oral, whether express or implied by statute, regulation, directive or any other legislative or administrative enactment, common law, trade usage, custom or otherwise to the full extent permitted by law. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, DURABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USE OF TRADE.
The information and content included in or available through our site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information contained on the site and Company and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes to the site at any time. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Company or through the site shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the TOU.
Except as otherwise expressly provided in the TOU, Company does NOT represent or warrant:
* That the site will meet your requirements.
* That the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, timely or secure.
* That defects or errors will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components.
* That the use of or the results of the use of the site or the Content made available as part of the site will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable.
Limitation of liability
YOU AGREE THAT COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR:
* ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION:
* DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE;
* DATA GOODWILL;
* PROFITS, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES;
ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH:
* Use or performance of the site or related websites;
* Delay or inability to use the site or related websites;
* Provision of or failure to provide sites, information or software;
* Sites obtained through the site, or otherwise arising out of the use of the site;
* Delay in operation or transmission;
* Computer virus;
* Communication line failure;
* Destruction or unauthorized access;
* Whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise - even if company or any of its suppliers has been advised of the possibility of damages.
* If you are dissatisfied with the site or any part of the site your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the site and its related website.
* At all times and in any event the total liability of company to its members shall be limited to the total annual membership fee paid by the individual member to company.
These TOU constitute the entire agreement between you and the Company and supersede any previous agreement or understanding between you and the Company.
These TOU shall be governed in all respects by Oregon law without reference to its conflict or choice of law rules or principles, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Portland, Oregon.