Developed by expert baker and tea enthusiast, Karlee Flores ofOlive and Artisan, we bring you an unlikely twist on a classic panna cotta. This riff on the Italian dessert features our stunning sapphire beauty, Blackberry Jasmine. With subtle hints of blackberry, orange and jasmine, you'll be going back for seconds all summer long.
Blackberry Jasmine Panna Cotta
Panna Cotta Ingredients (makes 6)
- 3 cups half and half, divided
- 3 tsp powdered gelatin
- 2 sachets Blackberry Jasmine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 sachet Blackberry Jasmine
- 1/3 cup lemonade
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pour 1 ½ cups of the half and half into a saucepan and sprinkle over the gelatin. Once the gelatin has been completely bloomed, about 10 minutes, place over medium/low heat and whisk until the gelatin has dissolved. Add in the Blackberry Jasmine tea and the sugar and heat until the sugar has dissolved. Do not let it come to a simmer or boil. Just until steaming for about 5 minutes. Let the mixture sit off the heat for 10 minutes.
- Strain over a medium bowl and add the remaining half and half. Spray 6 ramakins with cooking oil and wipe down with a paper towel. Fill up the ramakins evenly, a little over halfway, and place in the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the Blackberry Jasmine, lemonade, and sugar to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let come to room temperature. Once cooled strain and set aside.
- Once the panna cottas have set, pour some of the syrup on the top and place an on an edible flour like pansies.