We enlisted the talented ladies behind Public Provisions, a cocktail development and bartending duo based in Portland, to create three complex cocktails incorporating our signature iced teas in honor of National Iced Tea Day. Whether you gravitate towards strong, bitter and stirred or something light and refreshing, these cocktails are sure to inspire creativity and step up your cocktail game.
Exceptional Old Fashioned Recipe
"This drink is layered with complex flavors and evolves with every sip," says Melaney Schmidt of Public Provisions. "As the ice cube melts, more tannin from the Exceptional Iced Tea is incorporated into the drink."
- 1.75 oz Smith Teamaker Exceptional Iced Tea-infused whiskey
- .25 oz pear brandy
- .50 oz fig leaf syrup
- 1 dash angostura bitters
- 10 drops of vanilla bitters
- Add all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into rocks glass over an exceptional iced tea ice cube.
- Garnish with a small, fresh fig leaf.
- To make Exceptional Iced Tea-infused whiskey: infuse 1 Exceptional Iced Tea sachet into 1 750 ml bottle of whiskey for 20 minutes, strain and then rebottle.
- To make fig leaf syrup: Combine 1 quart of water and 4 cups of sugar into a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and stir until sugar is dissolved then remove from heat. Add 20 medium fig leaves to the warm simple syrup, place in refrigerator and let steep overnight. Strain and discard the leaves. Bottle, date and refrigerate.
- To make Exceptional Iced Tea cubes: follow normal brewing instructions for Exceptional Iced Tea, pour into ice cube trays and freeze.