A festive twist on a classic Horchata, we combine our Ho-Ho-Hoji-Chai with fresh cinnamon, vanilla and milk in a long-steeped rice mixture for a light, refreshing and surprisingly cheerful beverage.
- 1 cup Long Grain white rice
- 3 cups water (divided)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 sachets (opened, tea removed) or 15 tsp. loose blend Ho-Ho-Hoji-Chai
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz simple syrup
- To a blender, add rice, one cup water and cinnamon sticks; blend until smooth and rice is 1/3 of the original size.
- Add remaining water and blend for 2 minutes.
- To the blended mixture, add Ho-Ho-Hoji-Chai loose blend and stir to combine; cover and let stand overnight.
- Strain mixture through cheesecloth into jar or pitcher of your choice.
- Add milk, vanilla and simple syrup and stir to combine.
- Serve over ice.