What happens when you take our best-selling black tea blend, Lord Bergamot and make it a crème brûlée? Beautiful, sugar-shattering things. Developed in partnership with baker Karlee Flores of Olive and Artisan.
Lord Bergamot Crème Brûlée
Ingredients (Makes 6 crème brûlée)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp loose leaf Lord Bergamot
- 5 egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, warm the heavy cream and loose-leaf tea just until fragrant and the cream starts to turn caramel, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit and steep until room temperature. Strain into a liquid measuring cup. The mixture will lose some liquid in this process, add more cream to bring back up to 2 liquid cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks, salt and ½ cup sugar together until pale, about 3 minutes. Stream in the cream mixture and stir to combine. Pour evenly into 6 oven safe tea cups and place in a baking dish or roaster. Fill the roaster with about an inch of hot water. Place in the oven uncovered for 40-45 minutes until the custard is set.
- Let come to room temperature before placing in the fridge before serving.
- Right before serving, top each cup with 1 teaspoon of sugar and spread evenly across the top. Using a kitchen torch, lightly heat the sugar until melted and caramelized. Repeat this process for an extra crunch.