Our newest signature holiday tea, Ho-Ho-Hoji-Chai, gets an Italian makeover with this tiramisu recipe by Olive & Artisan's Karlee Flores. You won't miss the coffee. Trust us.
- 2 cups boiling water
4 sachets Ho-Ho-Hoji-Chai (or 4 tbsp loose tea)
40 Lady Fingers
Cream Cheese Custard
5 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Cocoa powder for topping
- In a small bowl, steep Ho-Ho-Hoji-Chai sachets in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Over double boiler, whisk the egg yolks, sugar almond extract, and milk together constantly until it doubles in size, about 7 minutes. Take off the heat. With a hand mixer, beat in the cream cheese until smooth. Set off to the side to cool.
- In a standing mixer, whip heavy whipping cream until soft peaks appear. Gently fold into the cream cheese custard mixture.
- In a 9×9 baking dish, line the bottom of the pan with lady fingers that have been dipped into the tea all in the same direction. Pour in half of the custard mixture and smooth from edge to edge.
- Repeat this step.
- Dust the tea tiramisu with cocoa powder, cover with foil and refrigerate for about 6-8 hours.