An exquisite treat with a Smith twist developed by our loyal customer, Cocoa Crista, who graciously shared her uncommon Masala Chai Bonbon recipe. These silky tea-infused chocolate confections are truly blissful and will charm your taste buds.
Masala Chai Bonbon
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 2 Masala Chai Sachets
- 4 oz 70% dark couverture chocolate discs (this recipe used Conexion 70% Esmeraldas)
- 1 tbsp salted European style butter (room temperature)
- Temper dark couverture chocolate and molding shells in the chocolate mold of your choice.
- Once the chocolate in the mold has set, pipe the shells with prepared chai tea ganache (recipe below).
- Cap the filled shells with the remaining tempered dark chocolate.
- Warm heavy cream in a saucepan with two chai tea sachets on low to medium heat.
- Remove pan from heat the moment a slight boil begins and allow to steep for five minutes.
- After five minutes, bring the cream to a slight boil once again.
- Pour the chai steeped hot cream over the dark chocolate discs.
- Press a spoon gently on the sachets to remove all the cream absorbed.
- Cover the bowl with tea towel and allow to sit for two minutes to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Using a spoon or spatula, stir the mixture in vigorous small circles in the center of the bowl until it emulsifies.
- Add the tablespoon of room temperature butter, and continue to stir, checking to see that all the chocolate is melted and butter is incorporated.
- Pour ganache into a piping bag and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Last step, pipe the chai tea ganache into already prepared dark chocolate shells. Once all shells are full, cap with the remaining tempered dark chocolate.