Tiramisu just got a showstopping holiday upgrade. Creamy layers of mascarpone cream mingle with Chocolate Peppermint Pu-erh tea-soaked ladyfingers in this uncommon twist on the Italian classic.
Chocolate Peppermint Tiramisu
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 sachets of Chocolate Peppermint Pu-erh
- About 40 lady fingers
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cocoa powder and peppermint flakes for topping
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until pale, about 3
minutes. Add the milk and whisk until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl with a hand mixer, beat in the cream cheese with ¼ cup sugar
until smooth. Add the egg mixture to the cream cheese mixture and continue to
beat with the hand mixer until smooth with no lumps.
- In a standing mixer, whip heavy whipping cream until soft peaks appear. Gently
fold into the cream cheese custard mixture. Place into a piping bag and set
- In a medium bowl, brew the Chocolate Peppermint Pu-erh sachets.
- Into coup gasses, pipe in a base layer of the custard. Dip the lady fingers quickly into the tea and place on top.
- Repeat this step until the coup is filled. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Place in the fridge to set for about 2 hours. Dust the tiramisu with cocoa powder and sprinkling of peppermint
flakes just before serving.