We pair Morning Light-infused Rye whiskey with zingy citrus and fig balsamic glaze to create this beautifully balanced seasonal sipper. Best enjoyed while reading Clement Moore's "'Twas the Night Before Christmas".
Dash Away All
- 1 sachet (or 1 heaping tsp) of Morning Light
- 2 oz. Rye Whiskey
- 3/4 oz. lemon juice
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- 1 tsp fig balsamic glaze*
- 3 drops orange Bitters
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Empty 1 sachet (or 1 heaping tsp) of Morning Light loose tea into a cocktail shaker.
- Add whiskey and steep tea leaves in whiskey for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add lemon juice, simple syrup, fig balsamic glaze and orange bitters to shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker becomes frosty, about 12-15 seconds.
- Strain into chilled coupe glass and garnish with rosemary. Enjoy.
*Fig Balsamic Glaze
If you can't get your hands on fig balsamic glaze from a specialty grocery store, plain balsamic glaze will do. Once you've poured your cocktail, we recommend using the leftover balsamic glaze to top a plate of roasted winter squash or drizzle over a scoop of vanilla ice cream and say "hello" to your new favorite dessert.