We pair Morning Light-infused Rye whiskey with zingy citrus and fig balsamic glaze to create this beautifully balanced seasonal sipper. Best enjoyed while reading Clement Moore's "'Twas the Night Before Christmas".
Ingredients (makes 1 cocktail):
- 1 sachet (or 1 heaping tsp) of Morning Light
- 2 oz. Rye Whiskey
- 3/4 oz. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Simple Syrup
- 1 tsp Fig Balsamic Glaze*
- 3 drops Orange Bitters
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- Empty 1 sachet (or 1 heaping tsp) of Morning Light loose tea into a cocktail shaker.
- Add whiskey and steep tea leaves in whiskey for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add lemon juice, simple syrup, fig balsamic glaze and orange bitters to shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker becomes frosty, about 12-15 seconds.
- Strain into chilled coupe glass and garnish with rosemary. Enjoy.
*Fig Balsamic Glaze: If you can't get your hands on fig balsamic glaze, plain balsamic glaze will do. Once you've poured your cocktail, we recommend using the leftover balsamic glaze to top a plate of roasted winter squash or drizzle over a scoop of vanilla ice cream and say "hello" to your new favorite dessert.