A burnt sugar and miso syrup mingles with the warming fall spices and pumpkin-y Yunnan black tea in our newest release, Autumn Leaves. The result is a plush, velvety latte that will make you fall in love with fall all over again.
Harvest Moon Latte
- 4 oz Autumn Leaves 3x concentrate
- 5/8 oz burnt sugar miso syrup*
- 8 oz steamed whole milk
- Orange peel
- Bring spring or filtered water to a boil. Pour 100ml of water just off the boil over 3 sachets or 6 tsp of Autumn Leaves and steep for 5 minutes in your mug of choice. Once steeped, remove tea from brewing vessel.
- Add simple syrup and express orange peel by squeezing in half gently around the edge of the cup and onto the tea.
- Pour steamed milk and try for your best tulip or rosette shape.
- Serve with a shortbread cookie and your coziest blanket nearby.
*Burnt Sugar Miso Syrup
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- In a stainless saucepan, add 1 cup of organic cane sugar.
- With a cooking torch, lightly brown the sugar until golden brown and bubbly.
- Add 1 cup hot water and bring to a gentle simmer, stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and add ¼ cup white miso paste. Stir to combine.
- Strain any unincorporated miso (if any) through a cheese cloth.
- Bottle and refrigerate for up to 1 month.