Tropical worlds collide with this Hibiscus Mango Lassi. The traditional warm weather refreshment gets a ruby red twist thanks to a sweet-tart Hibiscus Mango reduction. Excellent when paired with spicy grilled foods on sultry summer evenings, or whenever you need a reprieve from the late summer heat.
Hibiscus Mango Lassi
- 3 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Hibiscus Mango syrup*
- Nutmeg to garnish
- Combine frozen mango, yogurt, milk and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle Hibiscus Mango syrup on the inside of serving glass.
- Pour mango lassi mixture into glass.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg.
*Hibiscus Mango Syrup:
- Steep one sachet of Hibiscus Mango iced tea in one cup of spring or filtered water just off the boil for 5 minutes. Remove sachet and allow to chill.
- Combine equal parts honey, black currant jam and chilled Hibiscus Mango concentrate in a glass. Stir to combine.