Our Masala Chai takes this classic chocolate chip cookie to the next level. Chocolate and chai spices are a match made in heaven and we think these cookies are just that, heavenly. Karl Holl, is the mastermind behind these tea-infused cookies.
Masala Chai Chocolate Chip Cookie
Ingredients (Makes 12 cookies)
- 275 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 9oz organic brown sugar
- 9oz organic white sugar
- 1 1/4 tbsp Masala Chai Tea, blended into a powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 lb dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 17oz all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla sea salt*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using an upright mixer or hand mixer, cream butter, sugars and chai powder together on medium speed until creamy, about 6-8 minutes.
- On low speed, add eggs one at a time. Once eggs are well incorporated, turn mixer off and scrape the bottom well. Mix with a spatula to make sure there are no clumps in the dough.
- Add vanilla salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until just incorporated. Turn mixer off and scrape bottom before adding in the flour.
- Add flour and mix until dough comes together.
- Scoop cookies onto baking sheet lined with parchment, and bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating the tray after about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a cooling rack, and let cool.
*Take empty vanilla pods and put them directly into Jacobsen Sea Salt (Kosher sea salt works too).