Here in Portland, the arrival of spring is met with colorful celebration and refreshing drinks. From the creative minds of our tea department, we bring you April Showers, a delicate co-mingling of Jasmine Nectar, honey syrup and grapefruit Topo Chico. Enjoy this refreshing, elegant cooler during a break in the clouds.
- 2 oz Jasmine Nectar Concentrate
- 2 Tbsp 1:1 honey syrup*
- 4 oz grapefruit Topo Chico (or your favorite grapefruit soda)
- Orange peel for garnish
- Rocks glass
- Bring 250 ml of spring or freshly drawn filtered water to a boil. Steep 3 sachets or 3 tsp of Jasmine Nectar for 3 minutes. Discard sachets or tea leaves. Let cool.
- Combine Jasmine Nectar concentrate, honey syrup, grapefruit Topo Chico into rocks glass.
- Add ice and stir to combine.
- Express orange peel over the drink
- Optional: add edible flower or Casteveltrano olive as additional garnish
*To make 1:1 honey syrup: combine equal parts honey and water just off the boil. Stir to combine. Let cool, date and refrigerate for up to two weeks.