This color-changing concoction is the party trick you didn't know you needed. Blackberry Jasmine ice cubes are the key player, so be sure to plan ahead of time so they are icy cold before you serve. Don some ruby slippers and watch as your drink magically changes color before your eyes, not unlike a certain horse who lives in the land of Oz.
Horse of a Different Color
- 16oz (1 batch) Blackberry Jasmine concentrate*
- 2oz dry gin
- 1oz lemon juice
- 1/2oz simple syrup
- Red Shisho leaf
- Pour Blackberry Jasmine concentrate into ice cube molds. Freeze until solid.
- Add Blackberry Jasmine ice cubes to a rocks glass. Set aside.
- Add gin, lemon juice and simple syrup to cocktail shaker with regular ice and shake.
- Strain into prepared rocks glass.
- Garnish with a rolled Red Shisho leaf.
- Sip slowly and watch the color change as the ice cubes melt.
- Enjoy on a hot summer's day.
*Blackberry Jasmine Concentrate
- Bring 1 cup of spring or filtered water to 185°F.
- Pour hot water over one sachet of Blackberry Jasmine and steep for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove sachet and add 1 cup of cold water.