A finely ground powder of specially grown Japanese green tea, our matcha makes especially delicious lattes. A favorite among Smith Teamakers, our Matcha Latte recipe leads to a delicious and vibrant green beverage that pairs wonderfully with both dairy and milk alternatives. For everything you need to whisk up any matcha drink, find our Matcha Tea Kit that comes with a locally handmade ceramic bowl and traditional bamboo whisk.
Iced Matcha Latte
- 1/2 - 1 tsp matcha powder, depending on preference
- Freshly drawn filtered water at 175℉
- 8 oz milk of choice
- Simple syrup (optional)
- Matcha whisk
- Measure 1 teaspoon of Matcha powder and sift into 12oz latte cup.
- Add water to create a concentrate.
- Mix with electric frother or Matcha whisk to remove any clumps.
- Add simple syrup to taste.
- Pour cold milk over Matcha concentrate.
- Pour mixture over ice and enjoy.