Eats & Treats · Matcha ·
Matcha Milkshake Recipe
In addition to delicious lattes, finely ground Matcha is also a wonderfully unexpected ingredient for making creamy milkshakes. While the possibilities for making Matcha milkshake flavors and combinations is virtually endless, here is our recipe for making a classic Matcha milkshake, incorporating the sweetly vegetal flavor of the tea with the comforting and familiar flavor of vanilla.
- 1 tablespoon Smith Teamaker Matcha
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- Scoop ice cream into your blender, then pour milk over the ice cream.
- Sift Matcha powder over the ice cream and blend until smooth.
- Divide between two cups and enjoy.
- To make an individual Matcha milkshake serving, use 1 teaspoon of Matcha and 2 scoops of ice cream.
- Because Matcha is in powder form, it tends to clump when it comes in contact with moisture. To ensure there are no clumps in your Matcha, feel free to whisk it with a small amount of water before combining it with other milkshake ingredients. Find our guide for whisking Matcha here.
- This recipe can be made vegan and allergen-free with a non-dairy ice cream and milk alternative. We recommend almond milk as the flavor best complements the Matcha.