Nothing says Oregon summer quite like strawberry season, so when Karlee Flores of Olive & Artisan dreamed up this recipe for Peppermint-Strawberry Creamsicles, we were all in.
Ingredients (Makes 8)
- 2 sachets of Peppermint Leaves
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/3 cup of strawberry preserves
- 4-6 fresh strawberries, roughly chopped
- Steep 2 sachets of Peppermint Leaves in 1 cup of filtered water just off the boil for 5 minutes. Discard sachets.
- In a small bowl, add sweetened condensed milk, cream and strawberry preserves and stir until combined.
- Add peppermint tea and stir until combined.
- Spray popsicle molds with cooking oil
- Add chopped strawberries into the popsicle molds, distributing evenly.
- Pour tea-cream mixture into molds, leaving about 1/4th inch of space from the top.
- Place in freezer for two hours, then insert popsicle sticks into the center of each mold.
- Continue freezing overnight and enjoy.